Monday, April 7, 2008

new digs, new food, new idea...

Hello, hello!! So last week I moved into a new house, where I'll stay for the rest of my time here in Seattle...I absolutely love it!! My room is so unique, perfect sized, and full of light! The rest of the house is only sort of dirty, so I've been doing my best to clean it up, bit by bit. (what can I say, it's mostly guys that live here!) But I actually enjoy things like cleaning counters, and doing doing the dishes, so it's all good :) I'm not being sarcastic!! Here are some pictures...








And check out this view!!! Ahhhhh...


And yes, the neighbors have an ivy problem!!
One of these nights I'll sneak out and rescue the tree, lol...


While sitting at my desk the past few hours I've been enjoying some great birdwatching! Pairs of robins and blue jays have been fluttering around on the roof and in the trees right outside my window...

I've picked up on a few new tastes from my coworkers...for instance I'm eating spicy three pepper hummus right now! Yeah, I know! Hummus=never bought before.....and SPICY! Never really gone for that before, but I'm liking the heat these days....also been buying things like avacados and Boca burgers! But I'm no where near becoming a vegetarian, like everyone else out here...no way....

So then my last new thing for this week was taking a 3 hour wilderness first aid crash course, and wanting to become WFR certified! (Wilderness First Responder). It was so interesting, and obviously practical for tromping around in the wild...we'll see!

Okay, time to go to the library and pick up a dvd that's been on hold for me:
Banjo arrangements of the Kingston Trio: learn to play nine classic folk songs

....I've yet to practice at my new house, so hopefully my housemates won't kick me out!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm relieved to read the assurances that you won't be going vegetarian! let's get you some grass-fed locally raised beef instead of those soy-filled boca burgers :-) i'm such a pest. totally approve of the hummus, though.